Job Opening - Project Management Assistant
The Pitkin Avenue BID is seeking a Project Management Assistant to help with its commercial revitalization initiatives and event coordination.
The Pitkin Avenue Business Improvement District (BID) is comprised of sixteen blocks in the historic retail zone along Pitkin Avenue and Rockaway Avenue in the neighborhood of Ocean Hill - Brownsville, Brooklyn. The BID is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to plan and implement improvements to the physical and economic conditions within the district. The BID works to improve the neighborhood through offering direct and technical assistance to business owners, modernization of customer and constituent services, physical restoration projects, public space improvements and event programming.
Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director and Planning Director, with latitude for independent work, the project management assistant will play a significant role in formalizing and executing BID programs, including storefront improvement initiatives, brick-and-mortar retail promotion, and event programming. The assistant will assist with the façade renovation program, commercial revitalization initiatives, and arts & culture projects. The assistant will work directly with the BID’s community partners and government agencies to carry out event scheduling, public outreach, and event permitting.
Under supervision from the Executive and Planning Directors, duties will include:
· Assist the Executive Director in scheduling/planning placemaking events,
· Assist the Planning Director with the Commercial Revitalization program,
· Assist with composing and distributing promotional & press materials,
· Assist with management of the Façade Renovation within the district,
· Assist the Executive Director with office and administrative duties,
· Manage organization calendar,
· Arrange board meetings, committee meeting and BID annual meeting,
· Prepare reports and financial data,
· Other tasks and duties as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: bachelor’s degree in public policy, urban planning or other field relevant to the position / strong writing skills / database management experience / ability to carry out multiple tasks with minimal supervision / excellent communication skills / willingness to perform light physical tasks at events / ambition and orientation towards collaboration.
Application Deadline is Wednesday, August 14.
Send cover-letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org